Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Melody And A Song

    This is a poem when I left the Blair Outlet to go over town on Hickory Street, to the typing department.


 Your kindness is a song,
and your friendship, a melody;
a sweet refrain that will stay strong.
in my heart, like an echoing rhapsody.

My thanks has no flats,
but sharps, and a natural too;
because you all are so sweet,
and that's what I think of you.

I never can say goodbye
for we shall meet again;
for now, I leave with a grateful sigh,
and may see you along life's lane.

2 comments:

  1. Hi donna, my hubby and I lived in Myrtle Beach, SC when he was in the AF in the 70s and I taught at Conway. The weather there got warmer much earlier than in KY. We even had Canadians who came in March to swim, but I didn't think it was that warm yet! Enjoy your spring. Ours came early and then hid again for a few days, but I know it will return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose, thank you so much for commenting and looking at my web site. I enjoyed learning about you living in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC!


    What did you think of my stories? I will look at yours too.

    You, too, have a most Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete